Friday, February 11, 2011

Life is Like a Roller Coaster


“Life is like a roller coaster. First you’re up, then you’re down, and the whole time you’re screaming.”

I would love to give credit for the quotes above, but I honestly have no clue who said it, or even if it was ever said. It popped into my head and I simply had to write it down, but I would never want to take credit for it if it isn’t mine. So we’ll just leave it as uncredited, and if anyone happens to know who said it(if anyone did say it), please let me know!

I find that quote to be incredibly true. No matter who you are, you have almost definitely had at least one low point in your life, but you have also had at least one high point. And that is the great thing about life, in many ways. It’s a lot of things, but it’s never boring.

When you’re dropping on a roller coaster, a lot of things go through your mind. Why did I do this, where am I going, when will I stop, what happens next? These thoughts are very similar to the thoughts that go through your head when you’re “dropping” in real life. The sad thing is, if this is the case, it stands to reason that when you’re “on top” in life, you’re thinking similar things to when you’re on the top of a roller coaster. The problem is, when you’re on top of a roller coaster, you aren’t enjoying your time up there. You’re thinking about when you’re going to drop.

It’s sad to think that people on top in real life might not be thinking about how lucky they are, or enjoying the moment. Thats what you should do. And next time I’m on the top of a roller coaster…I’m going to try my best to just enjoy the ride.

Until next time,

Live and Love,

Today I am Grateful For: Life’s many ups and downs

No comments:

Post a Comment