Wednesday, February 16, 2011

To Love Is To Learn Losing The One You Love


We cannot beg someone to stay
if they want to leave
and be with someone else.
We have to admit that love
doesn’t give us
the license to own a person.
This is what love means…
sacrifice.

Deep in my heart,
I’m suffering,
knowing that
I’ve lost you.
On the outside,
I’m living,
pretending that
I’ve forgotten you

I just want one day to go by
where I’m not pretending I’m happy!

Once upon a time I was falling in love,
but now I’m only falling apart.

Other men said they have seen angels,
But I have seen thee,
And thou art enough.

You will never know true happiness,
until you have truly loved,
and you will never understand,
what pain really is,
until you have lost it.

Forget the times
he walked by,
Forget the times
he made you cry,
Forget the times
he spoke your name,
Remember now

You’r e not the same.
Forget the times
he held your hand,
Forget the
sweet things if you can,
Forget the times
& Don’t pretend,
Remember now
he’s just your friend.

I had a dream and it was about you …
I smiled and recalled the memories we had …
then I noticed a tear fell from my eyes …
you know why?
Coz in my dream you kissed me
and said goodbye …

The way to love anything is to
realize that it might be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment